Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peak Freddie Mercury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Peak Freddie Mercury

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

This has mode half of AWIMB cry.

While I don't wish him dead, the fact that he is doesn't upset me in any way.

Queen out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This has mode half of AWIMB cry.
    I don't really get why people get so exercised about Queen. Surely they come under the banner of 'a bit of harmless, silly fun'? And yet it seems to be a badge of music hipster pride to execrate them. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't really get why people get so exercised about Queen. Surely they come under the banner of 'a bit of harmless, silly fun'? And yet it seems to be a badge of music hipster pride to execrate them. Odd.
    Right. Agreed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I am unsure how disliking them can equate to a badge of anything any more than hating any band can be seen as such.

For some reason they have always made me angry and nauseous in equal measure. I've never really understood it; I don't feel that way about any other band, I don't think.

It may be related to a childhood filled with Bohemian Rhapsody constantly coming out of every radio.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For some reason they have always made me angry and nauseous in equal measure. I've never really understood it; I don't feel that way about any other band, I don't think.

It may be related to a childhood filled with Bohemian Rhapsody constantly coming out of every radio.
    Dont stop me now should come with a trigger warning, it turns me into Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by the jorge View Post
    dont stop me now should come with a trigger warning, it turns me into jorge
    now i've got a ****ing earworm you swine!

The Jorge
    I resent their ubiquity and the fact I've had them inflicted on me far more than is humane, see also madonna and wham