Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and just how **** is that Halifax ad that uses Top Cat ?

and just how **** is that Halifax ad that uses Top Cat ?

Christ, just how low has copywriting and invention in Ad agencies sunk these days ?
    To add to the whole ****ness of the campaign, the characters sound nothing like the original cast.
    A little part of me dies every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Christ, just how low has copywriting and invention in Ad agencies sunk these days ?
    To add to the whole ****ness of the campaign, the characters sound nothing like the original cast.
    You know, on this new board we can post links now and videos and everything

You're quite right though. Shocking.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Didn't the boul TC live in a bin? Is he looking for a mortgage for a bigger bin? Has his old bin been sold? Will he require a bridging loan if it hasn't? Has he got the required deposit? Come on Halifax! You're holding back the full story here

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I once had to miss Top Cat for a whole term because it was on during altar boy practice

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I once had to miss Top Cat for a whole term because it was on during altar boy practice
    But, when that term was through, you were really good at altar boys.

Stuck up Hoagy's Alley no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Didn't the boul TC live in a bin? Is he looking for a mortgage for a bigger bin? Has his old bin been sold? Will he require a bridging loan if it hasn't? Has he got the required deposit? Come on Halifax! You're holding back the full story here
    It's for a bigger, s****ier bin, so I gather.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Stuck up Hoagy's Alley no doubt
    St John Fisher.

St John Fisher.
    John Fisher up Shirley way?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's for a bigger, s****ier bin, so I gather.
    I'm pretty sure that offering mortgages to bipeds who have no visible means of support, live in alleyways and can't even afford trousers is how the whole sub-prime business started, isn't it?

Is this ad basically a satire on the credit crunch?