Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How English am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

If I had a crap meal or bad service and they ask me if everything is fine I will say oh yes yep fine thank you.

Then moan the second I leave the door.

In fact my wife doesn't have this problem and I end up sticking up for the person who's causing the problem. 'It's not his fault he's probably very busy he's just doing his job'
    Bollox to poor service and the risk of the chef's ***** dipped in the sabion.. I'm with Ash's better half on this one. I used to play the meak sheep but these days are more inclined to send it back.
    I'm not overly fussed mind but if they're charging for it and the spuds are semi cooked or the plate cold or the Risotto too dry, it goes back.
    This is usually a rare event and I'm always careful not to rub their noses in it. I simply draw the line at poor service or food which appears to have been prepared by an eleven year old in a home economics class.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 04-28-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Bollox to poor service and the risk of the chef's ***** dipped in the sabion.. I'm with Ash's better half on this one. I used to play the meek sheep but these days are more inclined to send it back.
    I'm not overly fussed mind but if they're charging for it and the spuds are semi cooked or the plate cold or the Risotto too dry, it goes back.
    This is usually a rare event and I'm always careful not to rub their noses in it. I simply draw the line at poor service or food which appears to have been prepared by an eleven year old in a home economics class.
    All very well and good 7 however when I complained of a steak being too bloody I was ****ed out of the restaurant.That's the French for you I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    All very well and good 7 however when I complained of a steak being too bloody I was ****ed out of the restaurant.That's the French for you I suppose
    Steak should always be bloody TC. I'm reminded of a line from one of Slaters tomes where he informs the reader that, He could show people how to prepare a well done steak.. he could.. but he wouldn't.

As an aside, the Germans call a rare steak "English style". So there you are.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I hate to stereotype, c, but did you also happen to be drunk by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because he was in France?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Couple of pints,bottle of wine.Sober as the proverbially imo

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Steak should always be bloody TC. I'm reminded of a line from one of Slaters tomes where he informs the reader that, He could show people how to prepare a well done steak.. he could.. but he wouldn't.
    In a restaurant, a steak 'should' be prepared whichever ****ing way the **** who's paying ****ing well wants it, 7.

Couple of pints,bottle of wine.Sober as the proverbially imo
    Hmmm. Barely enough to fill a hollow tooth, to be fair. Were you on any medication?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    As an aside, the Germans call a rare steak "English style". So there you are.
    That's always puzzled me - typical Germans, I suppose