Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diego Simeone has the ethics of Jose Mourinho's evil twin

Diego Simeone has the ethics of Jose Mourinho's evil twin

and the tactics of George Graham on a particularly cautious day.

There, I've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

There, I've said it.
    He's not going to fit in here , is he ? The board wouldn't want his sort.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He's not going to fit in here , is he ? The board wouldn't want his sort.
    God, I hope not. Apart from anything else, he looks like he might be feral. A knife and fork would represent something of an intellectual challenge to the chap.

There, I've said it.
    Nobody minds that, I think. After all, football is about much more than what happens with the ball. Actually, during Wenger's twilight period, The Banter Years, the only player we've had who thoroughly understood this in his bones was Cesc Fabregas.

Simeone deserves all the credit he gets, imo. He's up against some pretty nasty, local, hegemonic footballing powers, in Real Madrid, and he's giving it a very decent go.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Nobody minds that, I think. After all, football is about much more than what happens with the ball. Actually, during Wenger's twilight period, The Banter Years, the only player we've had who thoroughly understood this in his bones was Cesc Fabregas.

Simeone deserves all the credit he gets, imo. He's up against some pretty nasty, local, hegemonic footballing powers, in Real Madrid, and he's giving it a very decent go.
    Indeed he does reg. Do you think he'd adjust his warrior mindset towards lame, ball watching type defending tactics and finishing 4th ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed he does reg. Do you think he'd adjust his warrior mindset towards lame, ball watching type defending tactics and finishing 4th ?
    No. Players always adjust themselves to the manager.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

I mind it.

I mind it.
    Yes, indeed.

The Jorge
    More than a touch of the Danny Trejos about him too

The Jorge

There, I've said it.
    I know he's very much flavour flav of the month and everything but I doubt he'd come to us, he's got a very strong bond with Atleti. I mean, very much the 'Captain, Leader, Legend' type before coming back to manage them.