Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How English am I?

How English am I?

I ordered a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, an espresso, and a bottle of still water for my lunch.

The bagel contained no smoked salmon and the water was sparkling instead of still.

Did I mention either of these facts to the waitress? No, of course not, because I am English and 'don't like to make a fuss'.

wd being English.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I ordered a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, an espresso, and a bottle of still water for my lunch.

The bagel contained no smoked salmon and the water was sparkling instead of still.

Did I mention either of these facts to the waitress? No, of course not, because I am English and 'don't like to make a fuss'.

wd being English.
    To be honest, it sounds a joyless sort of a lunch anyway. Would smoked salmon have helped?

I had a Scotch Egg.

wd being English.
    Did you leave her a tip as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did you leave her a tip as well?
    A fiver. She had a nice bottom. :sillyoldlech:

wd being English.
    wd Sir C - nice to see standards upheld

A fiver. She had a nice bottom. :sillyoldlech:
    I can think of no better reason for tipping someone, tbh.

Doesn't sound like an English lunch though.

however I am guilty of the same thing this morning.
    The place next door to me is empty but the chap from the estate agent was around an signed for a parcel for me.
    He signed for it. I know him the office is not far. This morning I go to their office on the way to work (after wiping the **** off of my head) yes I have your parcel it's in the flat can you go back and see if the builders are in there they'll give it to you.

They were not there. anyway I went back he said ok well I will drop it around to you tonight. I said I won't be there until later.

rather than be annoyed for all the complicated carrying on I need to go through now to retrieve my package. I say to him.
    'thank you and really sorry to bother you with all of this'

wd being English.
    I'm a bit like this. Hard yolks in my eggs? Stiff upper lip. Cold beans? They're fine.

Wheras if Ms A gets white toast instead of brown with her scrambley eggs, it has to go back, and I get all stressed about it.

If I had a crap meal or bad service and they ask me if everything is fine I will say oh yes yep fine thank you.

Then moan the second I leave the door.

In fact my wife doesn't have this problem and I end up sticking up for the person who's causing the problem. 'It's not his fault he's probably very busy he's just doing his job'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

If I had a crap meal or bad service and they ask me if everything is fine I will say oh yes yep fine thank you.

Then moan the second I leave the door.

In fact my wife doesn't have this problem and I end up sticking up for the person who's causing the problem. 'It's not his fault he's probably very busy he's just doing his job'
    That's exactly how I always feel. 'Poor *******, what a pain in the arse it must be having people moaning all day.'