Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see Ken Livingstone has jumped two-footed into the Labour anti-semitism thing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I see Ken Livingstone has jumped two-footed into the Labour anti-semitism thing

Describing Hitler as a Zionist and claiming that he's never heard anyone in Labour say anything anti-semitic.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Describing Hitler as a Zionist and claiming that he's never heard anyone in Labour say anything anti-semitic.
    Now you know that isnt exactly what he said. Silly boy though, he should know that you cannot criticise Israel nowadays.

I don't think Berni does the quote full justice actually - it's the lovely aside about the deaths of six million people that comes across so well:

"Let’s remember when Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism – this before he went mad and ended up killing six million Jews."

And the second quote was
    "I’ve been in the Labour party for 47 years; I’ve never heard anyone say anything anti-Semitic." That is exactly what he said

The Jorge
    There's a bunch of other quotes too, mind. But, clumsiness aside, is it really worthy of the opprobrium?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    There's a bunch of other quotes too, mind. But, clumsiness aside, is it really worthy of the opprobrium?
    Here's the most striking quote for me, that displays what an utter intellectual pygmy he is.

"There’s one stark fact that virtually no one in the British media ever reports, in almost all these conflicts the death toll is usually between 60 and 100 Palestinians killed for every Israeli. Now, any other country doing that would be accused of war crimes but it’s like we have a double standard about the policies of the Israeli government."

The Jorge
    If anything, the ratio in 2014 was much higher.

I just think it is a wildly stupid thing say. Don't tell b, I voted for Ken for mayor once so I can't be accused of being too anti-him. Obviously it was before he went mad

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I just think it is a wildly stupid thing say. Don't tell b, I voted for Ken for mayor once so I can't be accused of being too anti-him. Obviously it was before he went mad
    He's always been mad, la. He's just got worse at hiding it. Mostly due to him being pissed most of the time.

Now you know that isnt exactly what he said. Silly boy though, he should know that you cannot criticise Israel nowadays.
    Well actually, as la has demonstrated, the full quote of what he said is much, much worse than my rather kind paraphrasing of it.

I can easily believe that Ken Livingstone doesn't believe he's ever heard any Labour member say anything anti-semitic.

However, as is well-established, Ken has a pretty high bar when it comes to what constitutes anti-semitism, doesn't he?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well actually, as la has demonstrated, the full quote of what he said is much, much worse than my rather kind paraphrasing of it.

I can easily believe that Ken Livingstone doesn't believe he's ever heard any Labour member say anything anti-semitic.

However, as is well-established, Ken has a pretty high bar when it comes to what constitutes anti-semitism, doesn't he?
    Or everyone seems to have a very low bar, where criticism of Israel is considered anti-semetic.