Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Labour's anti-semitism credentials are looking as impeccable as ever I see

Labour's anti-semitism credentials are looking as impeccable as ever I see

The killer line here is: "Repeatedly pressed about why Shah was not being suspended, he said the comments were antisemitic but the MP had “shocked herself” and did not mean what she said, so she could not be described as antisemitic."

So these admittedly anti-semitic comments apparently just jumped onto her twitter feed unbidden and had nothing to do with what she thinks, so therefore she isn't anti-semitic because...reasons. Genius.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...r-israel-posts

Don't know what you're complaining about. The lads only feel about jews how you feel about scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The killer line here is: "Repeatedly pressed about why Shah was not being suspended, he said the comments were antisemitic but the MP had “shocked herself” and did not mean what she said, so she could not be described as antisemitic."

So these admittedly anti-semitic comments apparently just jumped onto her twitter feed unbidden and had nothing to do with what she thinks, so therefore she isn't anti-semitic because...reasons. Genius.

Mind you, the more I think about her suggestion, the more sense it starts to make...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mind you, the more I think about her suggestion, the more sense it starts to make...
    If it wasn't for that pesky 'religion' thing.

I must say, I'm leeetle bit uncomfortable about how readily the right plays the anti-semitism card nowadays. I certainly think it should be used more judiciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I must say, I'm leeetle bit uncomfortable about how readily the right plays the anti-semitism card nowadays. I certainly think it should be used more judiciously.
    Jew-diciously, even?

Anyway, it's just a very easy stick with which to beat the left and point out how fatally entwined it's become with radical Islamic lunatics whose views it should find abhorrent.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-27-2016 at 03:00 PM.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Also, it's surely a bit less offensive when really, really hot presidents of the NUS are anit-semetic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yeah, but you should read Simon Sebag-Montefiore's Jerusalem. It's ****ing depressing how mental everyone seems to be about that place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Also, it's surely a bit less offensive when really, really hot presidents of the NUS are anit-semetic, no?
    Ewww, no. Anyway, you only fancy her 'cos she's ethnic.

The Jorge
    Yeah, but you should read Simon Sebag-Montefiore's Jerusalem. It's ****ing depressing how mental everyone seems to be about that place.
    They should fence it off, not allow anyone in and just say "You dont deserve to have nice things"