Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was just thinking that The Guardian had gone a bit dull since the transers went

I was just thinking that The Guardian had gone a bit dull since the transers went

quiet. Then I happened across this gem

I’m interested in discussing the real roots of misogynoir, colourism, and anti-blackness. I’m interested in discussing white supremacy and the monolithic European beauty standard.

Misogynoir? Colourism? They're making up their own ****ing language now, the maniacs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    quiet. Then I happened across this gem

I’m interested in discussing the real roots of misogynoir, colourism, and anti-blackness. I’m interested in discussing white supremacy and the monolithic European beauty standard.

Misogynoir? Colourism? They're making up their own ****ing language now, the maniacs!
    Brilliant, isn't it? I've commented on it a couple of times, pointing out that a/ when did the way a person chose to look become a matter for 'blame' in Guardian world? and b/ When did blonde, light-skinned, straight-haired Beyonce become an ideal of black womanhood?

I think Misogynoir sounds like a new movie genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Brilliant, isn't it? I've commented on it a couple of times, pointing out that a/ when did the way a person chose to look become a matter for 'blame' in Guardian world? and b/ When did blonde, light-skinned, straight-haired Beyonce become an ideal of black womanhood?

I think Misogynoir sounds like a new movie genre.
    Oh, are you back on again? They're not very good at keeping you off, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, are you back on again? They're not very good at keeping you off, are they?
    I'm like The Scarlet Pimpernel, me.

Ragnarokstar, if you must know.