Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They can't be that **** then, can they.

What are we now, up to third highest gate monies in Europe? Well ****.
    Highest I think, you called them ****, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    My original point was that, even if it is bull****, it's not exactly like he's asset stripping, it's the ticket revenues from one home game.
    It's nearly 60% of the salary of a 100kpw player. While we can consider ourselves fortunate that it's not 30m a year it isn't peanuts. He is making money on his investment as the share price rises, and whether he cashes in his chips or uses that value in some other way he is already getting a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's nearly 60% of the salary of a 100kpw player. While we can consider ourselves fortunate that it's not 30m a year it isn't peanuts. He is making money on his investment as the share price rises, and whether he cashes in his chips or uses that value in some other way he is already getting a good return.
    We could always use the Abramovich model here,A.
    You know,murder him,take all his property and tell his family to **** off.Worth a go imo

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My honest opinion is that it's for some marked-up consultancy work, they did give some examples around commercial networks and data analytics at the time, but to suggest he's a bad owner for taking a fundamentally quite modest fee from the club is a bit of a stretch. Also, he doesnt pick the team, impose signings on the manager or have a constant hotline to the press briefing against other people in the club.

Honestly, as far as absentee foreign owners go, we could be a lot worse off. Most people would be hard pushed to name a better alternative, Joe Lewis? Venky's? The Indian bloke with the massive tache that bought Fulham but not the massive nonce statue?

Highest I think, you called them ****, not me.
    So, you agree with me then, our supporters deserve alot of credit for their .. support?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    We could always use the Abramovich model here,A.
    You know,murder him,take all his property and tell his family to **** off.Worth a go imo
    It's complicated. We don't like *anybody* who can actually afford our club; not the supporters, not Roman, Not Kroenke, not even those nice A-rabs at Manchester City. Even taxpayers are too thick because they bought West Ham United their new stadium for them

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Jorge
    So, you agree with me then, our supporters deserve alot of credit for their .. support?
    No, or at least not if they're organising protests about really, really nebulous things.

The laws of supply and demand deserve more credit imo

My honest opinion is that it's for some marked-up consultancy work, they did give some examples around commercial networks and data analytics at the time, but to suggest he's a bad owner for taking a fundamentally quite modest fee from the club is a bit of a stretch. Also, he doesnt pick the team, impose signings on the manager or have a constant hotline to the press briefing against other people in the club.

Honestly, as far as absentee foreign owners go, we could be a lot worse off. Most people would be hard pushed to name a better alternative, Joe Lewis? Venky's? The Indian bloke with the massive tache that bought Fulham but not the massive nonce statue?
    A Berlusconi would be alright. I agree with you about ESK though.

No, or at least not if they're organising protests about really, really nebulous things.

The laws of supply and demand deserve more credit imo
    This is just what fans *do* though, isn't it. All sorts of stuff. You know, like in Italy or Germany.

The Jorge
    A Berlusconi would be alright. I agree with you about ESK though.
    It'd all hinge on whether he'd invite me to a Bunga Bunga party