Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    This is just what fans *do* though, isn't it. All sorts of stuff. You know, like in Italy or Germany.
    If they actually supported the team I could understand, they arent exactly ultras

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    If they actually supported the team I could understand, they arent exactly ultras
    So you could banter them off for not actually watching the games?

You can't have it both ways; we have been encouraged to pay attention, to try to understand the football, have we not?

And have you forgotten about those gate receipts already?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

But there are people who do actually support the team, despite the constant sneering of people who aren't there. In fact, some of those who make the most noise about how unhappy they at times are also some of those who are also offering the best support at other times. Most home support at most grounds is pretty quiet, anyway. There wasn't a peep out of the Sunderland fans last sunday until their pelanty shout, despite them being bigged up as being great supporters by the commenators beforehand.

We could have 55,000 in there like Rich, who basically back the manager and the owner, but would never open their mouths to sing because they think its a ridiculous thing to do. You'd still be bantering them off even if they never booed or moaned to Arsenal TV about the manager. In fact many in my block are a bit like that. The most complaints I hear are from a bloke who gives a bit of support too.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    despite the constant sneering of people who aren't there.
    Oooooh you bitch!

That said, I'll take an away game over a visit to the Emirates every time. I'd be happy not to go back to that depressing ****hole ever again. I just want Burnleh, Blackboooourn, Leeds and Bradford back in the premier league so I can make it to more games.

I'd be happy not to go back to that depressing ****hole ever again. I just want Burnleh, Blackboooourn, Leeds and Bradford back in the premier league so I can make it to more games.
    That depressing ****hole that you were praising Arsene for building for us earlier?

Thanks for your magnificent support.

The Jorge
    That depressing ****hole that you were praising Arsene for building for us earlier?

Yeah, like you'd drive 150 miles to make an away game.

George says he loves Wenger, yet also appears to despise everything Him and His club stand for, all that He has created.

You can understand the confusion.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yeah, like you'd drive 150 miles to make an away game.
    You misunderstand. I'm not asking you to travel to home games. Just stop slagging this aspect of the club off, is all I'm saying.

The Jorge
    I think you are also misunderstanding my friend

I'm saying the muggybanner****s arent exactly ultras, they arent setting the standards for loud and voluble support or wonderful tifos.

The home fans are the home fans, same as they were at highbury, though the club made a huge error in dispersing NB/CE fans amongst the sssssssshhhhhhiiiiidaaaaahn types.

You misunderstand. I'm not asking you to travel to home games. Just stop slagging this aspect of the club off, is all I'm saying.
    He loves to slag things off. He thinks it makes him look all edgy and alternative.

Earlier today he used the word 'pigs' for the police. You know, like you used to when you were 15 and trying to look hard in front of your mates.

Bless.