Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

Last 10 years of arsenal

Ever since he CL final, it has been strange, weve done pretty much nothing, groundhog day every season, same promises and false hope, when will it end, next season liverpool, spurs, united, city, chelsea will be better, only going to get harder.

wenger has lost his edge, he isnt competitive, he doesnt seem bothered about losing, makes excuses , makes it sound fine 'we are not fighting relegation' , this goes down to the players. surely the elite players- ozil, sanchez will eventually want out.

Does wenger/the board change and actually invest the money in top players?
    if not we will likely finish 6th next season

giroud needs to **** off asap btw, fed up of that 'face' when he ****s up the chances

The Jorge
    So, essentially, what your saying here is "more passion and/or pride" and "spensamfakkingmunny"?

Also, two cups?

Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    Ever since he CL final, it has been strange, weve done pretty much nothing, groundhog day every season, same promises and false hope, when will it end,
    next season liverpool, spurs, united, city, chelsea will be better, only going to get harder.

wenger has lost his edge, he isnt competitive, he doesnt seem bothered about losing, makes excuses , makes it sound fine 'we are not fighting relegation' , this goes down to the players. surely the elite players- ozil, sanchez will eventually want out.

giroud needs to **** off asap btw, fed up of that 'face' when he ****s up the chances
    Equally, every year we hear that x y and z will be improved next season. Yet Wenger still keeps us 3rd/4th. We might even get 2nd this time. Not bad, eh?

Ever since he CL final, it has been strange, weve done pretty much nothing, groundhog day every season, same promises and false hope, when will it end, next season liverpool, spurs, united, city, chelsea will be better, only going to get harder.

Which striker would you sign to replace Giroud? I presume you would need to check the most important weapon in the striker's armoury, the face?

What sort of face do you find acceptable?

I'm fascinated by how the game has changed. The modern football fan is really getting to the heart of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Equally, every year we hear that x y and z will be improved next season. Yet Wenger still keeps us 3rd/4th. We might even get 2nd this time. Not bad, eh?
    So do you think that the performances this season have been acceptable? Do you feel we have moved forward at all?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Which striker would you sign to replace Giroud? I presume you would need to check the most important weapon in the striker's armoury, the face?

What sort of face do you find acceptable?

I'm fascinated by how the game has changed. The modern football fan is really getting to the heart of the matter.
    If I may interject - Are you not a strong advocate of players with kind faces? I believe that you said that you could not support The Arsenal if Zlatan signed, because he does not have a kind face?

If I may interject - Are you not a strong advocate of players with kind faces? I believe that you said that you could not support The Arsenal if Zlatan signed, because he does not have a kind face?
    I have never said any such thing. I certainly favour a player with a kind face; I have never, ever suggested that such kindness or the lack of it affects footballing ability.

Anyway, he's not talking about kindness of visage, is he?

The Jorge
    Emile Heskey has an exceptionally kind face, like Lenny from Of Mice and Men.

Nah, Wenger's fine. He still has His edge and His will to win.

What He hasn't got anymore though, since those days, is Bergkamp and Henry.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    I didnt have you down as a Visage man, C.

Sure, he can do it in division one but can the boy Strange get us 20 goals a season in the top flight?