Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The authorities are getting a serious kicking at the Hillsborough inquest.

Right. But blaming the police doesn't bring those poor *******s back;

being responsible for the consequences of our own behaviour is *always* the right way to move forward, in my opinion. *That* needs to be the message.

Deeply unfashionable now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Aye. We were an army of raucous, beer swilling mischief makers; typical young Brits in fact. Hillsboro' was one of the "slum stadia" Taylor cited in his pivotal report. Ibrox was the precursor years before and we failed collectively to heed the warning.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The main concern i have for your post is that the original verdict was given with all the lies from the S Yorks Police, now they have show to be lies the original verdict wouldn't have happened imo
    Sure. But they were just "official" lies. Normally you get away with them and eventually people understand. Or they don't; makes no difference really. We just make sure we get better at covering our tracks.

Like WMD in Iraq or whatever; people always believe what they want, what they need to.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Jorge
    And the lives they ruin?

I guess that's just the brutality of life's rich pageant

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    And the lives they ruin?

I guess that's just the brutality of life's rich pageant
    Indeed. That's the machine for you; it doesn't *do* feelings and it doesn't care about the plight of individuals. Even those working within it.

I'm always baffled you don't get this. But then, you didn't *get* Miami Vice either, did you. And that was the central, fundamental theme of the thing.