Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on today games

Morning, B

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    I'm relying on us to at least win our final 2 home games against Norwich and Villa to secure 4th spot, that's also reliant on Man Utd dropping points in their final 4 games.
    It's time for change, surely even the most pro-Wenger advocates can see that.
    It actually depends on line of enquiry at any given moment. We don't want Wenger to stay just because of results; a large part of it is because it's *Wenger*.

This debate cannot be "won", I'm afraid. If we're doing well, He should stay. If we're not doing so well, He should stay in any case, because it's *Him*. On the other hand, He'll certainly be leaving soon-ish anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Wenger Out!

In a carefully managed and non-aggressive way of course, next summer presumably at this rate. Who to come in mind you, blimey.

Who to come in? Some of the names bandied about - Guardiola, Klopp - are no longer available. Roberto Martinez stock has all but disappeared.

An old favourite - Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira - would be crowd-pleasing but could go horribly wrong.

I suspect we'll get some respected foreigner. But I'm stumped.

Koeman. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Who to come in? Some of the names bandied about - Guardiola, Klopp - are no longer available. Roberto Martinez stock has all but disappeared.

An old favourite - Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira - would be crowd-pleasing but could go horribly wrong.

I suspect we'll get some respected foreigner. But I'm stumped.
    It really doesn't matter anyway, whoever it is. Our old manager (Wenger) will be far more important than any new one, for many years to come.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post

An old favourite to work with an actual manager perhaps. I know Bergkamp and Vieira have worked in various roles at other clubs but perhaps too soon. The logisitics of travel with the Dutchman perhaps a stumbling block.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    An old favourite to work with an actual manager perhaps. I know Bergkamp and Vieira have worked in various roles at other clubs but perhaps too soon. The logisitics of travel with the Dutchman perhaps a stumbling block.
    If Stan carries on wielding his dead hand over the club we may not need to travel much further than Hull and Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Koeman. Sorted.
    Hmmmm. I like him but he does appear to have a very fat head.

And Steve Mclaren has a more convincing Dutch accent.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    When we're a mid-table side we won't have to worry about aeroplanes. Dennis In!