Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Would it not be better to look to appoint someone next year? I mean, we could get everything in place for a managed transition, perhaps not spend so much this year to build up a war chest, and concentrate on getting the right man.
    That would be a little too "Pellegrini out" for my taste, I think.

Fairplay to Manchester City though, they've been waiting for Pep for years and he is clearly their first and only choice. Whoever we get will naturally be just some random flavour-of-the-month, compared to Wenger. Or anyway, there will not have been that level of planning and preparation.

Can you imagine; Wenger 2-0 down to Swindon Town in the Cup and the crowd demanding the new man (Tim Sherwood) take over right now

"A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlygunner View Post
    after hull is when he should have gone , on a high , people would have largely forgotten the **** years before that and remembered him for the good times

and then he had another chance after villa, but no, greed/stubborness have proved his achilles heel sadly

it really didnt have to end this way and despite my views on him now, tonight will be a real shame for him
    Do you honestly think it's greed? And not because he thought he could win the title? I really hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If you are actually Piers Morgan ....
    I reckon he's Fast Eddie.

The Jorge
    Yeah, I never get this ever. The man is an idealist, that's his failing, it's not greed or glory that trips him up, it's his principles and his stubborn adherence to his own idiosyncratic ideologies that let him down time after time.

I just dont get the idea it's greed, is it that people dont understand anybody having beliefs any more?

Yeah, I never get this ever. The man is an idealist, that's his failing, it's not greed or glory that trips him up, it's his principles and his stubborn adherence to his own idiosyncratic ideologies that let him down time after time.

I just dont get the idea it's greed, is it that people dont understand anybody having beliefs any more?
    This. As they say on the internets.

+1. As they also say, I gather.

Greed can take many different forms, imo.
    "A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.

The Jorge
    A bird in the hand is worth a doesnt in the garden

The Jorge
    Thanks, Ash.

I do think he's increasingly a Hai Karate man in a Lynx Africa world.

Wenger out!

Next summer.