Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.

PS: I'm a Knobmoomin, and Headgear has his powers back.
    The thing is saying things like that makes you as much of a cretin as those you claim to despise

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Well,the other way to look at it is that he deserves another year.For 10 years he kept us up there when he didn't have a spare talent for an old ex-leper.Give him another dig at it when he has a few quids to spend
    That's a good point. What if the "one more year" thing, coupled with "I respect always my contract" inevitably turns Him into something of a lame duck next season? With regards future planning, blowing the warchest on goalshy strikers and so on.
    "A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.

Quote Originally Posted by reg View Post
    That's a good point. What if the "one more year" thing, coupled with "I respect always my contract" inevitably turns Him into something of a lame duck next season? With regards future planning, blowing the warchest on goalshy strikers and so on.
    That is a danger.It's tricky as the great man's legacy is in danger of taking a nose dive which would be a terrible shame.

Indeed. In some ways, maybe it would have been better if he'd quit after Hull.

Hard to find any excuses for the performance during the second half of the season though. It all makes me very sad, especially the venom with which people are objecting. No sense of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.

PS: I'm a Knobmoomin, and Headgear has his powers back.
    Oh Monty, the day AW leaves the club he'll be dragging you along the pavement by his leg. I don't know who repeats themselves more, you or Arsene?

But favoured replacements have already come and gone. There was no valid reason for allowing Klopp to slip through the net a year ago. Why compound error with error by wasting another year to indulge one man's vanity?

after hull is when he should have gone , on a high , people would have largely forgotten the **** years before that and remembered him for the good times

and then he had another chance after villa, but no, greed/stubborness have proved his achilles heel sadly

it really didnt have to end this way and despite my views on him now, tonight will be a real shame for him

The Jorge
    Would it not be better to look to appoint someone next year? I mean, we could get everything in place for a managed transition, perhaps not spend so much this year to build up a war chest, and concentrate on getting the right man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Would it not be better to look to appoint someone next year? I mean, we could get everything in place for a managed transition, perhaps not spend so much this year to build up a war chest, and concentrate on getting the right man.
    Even Jeremy Corbyn is now bantering us off about our injury record.

The Jorge
    He's more of a gooner than you, b. You're only here until the cricket.