Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

Well, aside from the fact that the division between the fans is becoming toxic and the atmosphere at home games has taken a turn for the worse.

The only reason other than finishing outside the top 4 might be that he feels that it is in the best interests of the club or himself, his health etc to go now rather than next year

Of course, he has already stated that he is staying so that would be purely hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    Well, aside from the fact that the division between the fans is becoming toxic and the atmosphere at home games has taken a turn for the worse.
    So apart from all the reasons listed there isn't 1 good reason to not let him see out his contract
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    Divide and Conquer. Tactic of the establishment elite, personified by the status-quo AW acolytes. These people are behind with the times and are scared of relinquishing power to modernity. British Empire types.

I think we're in Monty Python territory here now, Pokster.

The Jorge
    Yeah, and the yoofs/reserves/returning injured players all getting a run out in the UEFA too.

Sweeeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Piers Morgan View Post
    Serial AW masturbator. No wonder you're blind to the obvious.
    If you are actually Piers Morgan, I hope your children get cancer.

If not, I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Yeah, and the yoofs/reserves/returning injured players all getting a run out in the UEFA too.

Sweeeeeet
    You forgot FFP.
    "A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.

This season has been an absolute ****ing disaster. The league has been piss poor our usual competitors are all below us yet Leicester or Spurs are going to win the league. To some this will be achievement but it's only because the usual suspects have had terrible seasons and are changing managers for it.

If he's only got 1 season left is he going to change anything in the summer? probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Red N White Army View Post
    The best reason is the sense of inevitibility. It's going to happen, so may as well be now to allow a new manager to recruit and plan for the long term. I'm struggling to see where a scenario where he extends his contract, even if he won the league. I'm very much a AKB, in Twitter parlance, but even I can see we may as well bite the bullet and move on.
    Well,the other way to look at it is that he deserves another year.For 10 years he kept us up there when he didn't have a spare talent for an old ex-leper.Give him another dig at it when he has a few quids to spend