Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.

PS: I'm a Knobmoomin, and Headgear has his powers back.
    Last edited by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking; 04-21-2016 at 09:33 AM. Reason: shits n giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.
    So what happens if we finish 5th... you have said he should leave then, so isn't that one good reason anymore?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Jose Mourinho, imo.
    "A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.

The best reason is the sense of inevitibility. It's going to happen, so may as well be now to allow a new manager to recruit and plan for the long term. I'm struggling to see where a scenario where he extends his contract, even if he won the league. I'm very much a AKB, in Twitter parlance, but even I can see we may as well bite the bullet and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So what happens if we finish 5th... you have said he should leave then, so isn't that one good reason anymore?
    That would be a reason, but if we win tonight we're third and yet finishing third will change the minds of no-one who wants him out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Red N White Army View Post
    The best reason is the sense of inevitibility. It's going to happen, so may as well be now to allow a new manager to recruit and plan for the long term. I'm struggling to see where a scenario where he extends his contract, even if he won the league. I'm very much a AKB, in Twitter parlance, but even I can see we may as well bite the bullet and move on.
    But even if he did extend his contract, due to his age we'd still be looking at a change 3, 4 or 5 years down the line. So the inevitability is there anyway.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    We'd be in with the best shout of winning the league in aeons

Serial AW masturbator. No wonder you're blind to the obvious.

That would be a reason, but if we win tonight we're third and yet finishing third will change the minds of no-one who wants him out this summer.
    It could be that there is a strong sense of us treading water or going backwards.. imo he seems to have lost exactly what he is trying to get our team to do, his transfer policy isn't clear (thinking the players who got nowhere near the title last year were good enough this year)... there is also the fact that our closest rivals have overtaken us and, imho, play luch better football then we do now.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    We'd be in with the best shout of winning the league in aeons
    No Champions League distraction, do you mean?
    "A football team is a number 9 and ten other players." - redgunamo.