Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I trust Jorge will be watching this Channel 4 programme tomorrow tonight

I trust Jorge will be watching this Channel 4 programme tomorrow tonight

Rather unfortunate use of the term ' extensive poling ' in that piece.

hehe I did chuckle reading his article about it in the Sunday Times.

There were moments when I thought he must have been reading yuour debate, and was addressing jorge personally.

I think I’ve started to detect a little more willingness in the liberal media to confront the

glaring problem that is Islam.

In recent weeks I’ve heard two Radio 4 documentaries that have gone in pretty hard on the Allans and the Guardian now regularly cover these types of polls - though they do make great clickbait.

hehe The race relations industry really f**king hates him.

I liked this bit: '78% said they would like to integrate into British life on most things apart from Islamic schooling and some laws'

Delivered with an entirely straight face

But the Guardian chose to headline their coverage of the poll with

'MOST MUSLIMS FEEL CONNECTED TO GREAT BRITAIN', rather than the somewhat more shocking 'most muslims want to chuck faggots off tall buildings'.

Yeah – I did notice that. I do still think it is becoming a less stigmatised subject.

Hang on - the headline there says exactly that

well not exactly but
    Half of all British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal, poll finds

Unless I am getting a different headline. Also would have been more relevant in the piece to compare the views of muslims with those of other religious denominations rather than the "public at large". I should imagine with the exception of the church of England which is basically run by whoopsies, you would get significant closer results

You think Jews, Catholics and Methodists want to make the gayness illegal?

hehe I like the bit from the chair of the Muslim Women’s Network UK

Although any prejudice against gay people was unacceptable, the fact that nearly 50% of Muslims did not think homosexuality should be illegal was a sign that attitudes were shifting.

Nearly 1 in 2! Progress!

"There is no division"