Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Taylor retires from professional cricket Frown Where are we going to find another number 5 from,

Both Currans look pretty decent. Think Anderson will carry on til the next Ashes

Just hope someone emerges in that time. James Harris at Middlesex is a good option but they seem to worry that he is bit short of pace

Gentlemen may disagree cordially, h.

We are spending the weekend together. He may stab me.

There are occasions when you don't need the extra pace when it's hooping about. But when it's flat

putting it down there at 80mph doesn't cut it.

Anderson is wise to this now and is always a couple of mph down when it's swinging. He's capable of getting it up above 85 when he wants, though - and that's what you need to trouble a test match quality batsman when there isn't any swing or movement off the pitch.

Alec Stewart said Sam Curran is the best young cricketer he has seen in his entire career.

Up yer 'aris wiv 'is chopper like?

I think Willey has the potential to be a very good bowler in all conditions

certainly has a bit of fire about him. Be interesting to see how he goes at Yorkshire this season

Headingly should suit him quite nicely imo. The chap hits a long ball too.

My immediate thought was JT from seminal 80s Medway based Garage/Psychadelic band The Prisoners.

Later to form JTQ if you like a bit of jazz / jazz funk / acid jazz.

Nice.

There is only one James Taylor. Sweet Baby James himself.

All others are simply imposters.

I once had a conversation with a chap who told me he was going to see James Taylor live at Pizza Express. I was amazed that he would be playing a jazz venue. Then he told me it was a different James Taylor! How we laughed!

True story.

That James Taylor is my James Taylor Nod

The bantz is strong today.