Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Jorge – so tell us again how there's "no division" because some of your best mates are muslim

I think he would take it as a compliment. I believe he is in touch with his feminine side

The non-concession of a goal at home is ridiculously important at this level.

In this respect I see Bayern going through. I also suspect Barcelona are on their way out.

I will look forward to Guardiola in the PL though I suspect he has a much more difficult job than some may assume.

I do not advocate grilling your moderate muslim friends. I advocate acknowledging the problem.

And if a quarter of British muslims sympathized with the Charlie Hebdo “blasphemy” attacks, this is part of the problem.

And if you can't acknowledge that, you are part of the problem.

You'll be pleased to know I have neither the time or the inclination for another day long argument

You can't have it both ways though.

Isn't the whole point of the "some of my best friends are.." gambit, that their views add weight to your own insight.

How can that be if you don't, or are reluctant to, talk to them about it? You may just as well have pulled your own insight out of your own arse.

The next time I play football, am in a pub or having a coffee I will conduct a poll

Also, it was blasphemy, the scare quotes arent required here.

Your silence on behalf of the jewish state's actions speaks volumes by the way.

Good man J.

Be the bigger and better man here.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. however, I will say that it was a little more edgy

over there in the uk. okay, the usa is an insanely violent land. but it's more of a question of hand-to-hand combat, day or night. over there in the uk you do have all kinds of radical fringes kicking around. you feel it in the streets. personally I would round up all the pig-fvckers and send them to patagonia. but that's just me.

YouGov and BBC-commissioned not good enough?

I'm not reluctant to talk about it, I just dont demand they explain themselves brandishing polls

Also, my best friends are a proddy Ulsterman, a Yorkshire Man U fan and a cricket loving anarchist so I think it's pretty clear I dont live in an echo chamber politically speaking.

The last conversation I had with a Muslim about current affairs was after the Brussels attacks, he thought that these people were "nutters" and "not muslims".