Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gardeningwimb - I completed on a property with my other half at the weekend. The new property has

Gardeningwimb - I completed on a property with my other half at the weekend. The new property has

more substantial grounds than the preceding property. That's great, but the gardens need some TLC - the lawn in particular.

I gave it a mow on Sunday and there are various weeds left over. What is the best course of action to take on them? Do I just dig them out with a trowel (will take ages) and then re-seed. Or is there a weedkiller that I should be using before re-seeing?

How many acres are your grounds R? This is an important factor

Any glyphosate-based weedkiller will do the job. Roundup is the most common.

Have you considered planting some Japanese knotweed? Very pretty.

i use this in spring..works pretty well..

About 1.75; rather modest. But it more than suits us at this time.

The garden needs sorting before summer, though. I have already decided where the wicket will be cut

And then mix some high quality seed with topsoil and a bit of sand and lay over the bare patches

that take the place of the weeds?

Just strike them down old boy.

you can do but beauty of this stuff is its weed killer and seeds and feed so so far

on my lawn it seems to be doing it all..not quite sure how it can tell weed from grass? but thats the science I guess ..Ijust rake after 7 daysto remove weeds n moss, maybe reuse on stubborn ones / areas..same again 7 days later ..then maybe do one round of seed then sit in deckchair and open a cold one

Looks like it will be 22/23 when I'm in Majorca in 10 days or so. Will give the summer gear the

first run of 2016. Got a route planned that takes me out of Valledemossa, through Deia, above Soller and all the way up to Pollenca, then cuts through the mountains and cuts back inland before one final climb back to Valledemossa