Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Deng's relationship trajectory reveals a proper taste for bad boys

No, see what I did there was probably too subtle for you

I sort of pointed out that their reaction had nothing to do with the relative scriptures and everything to do with the societal/cultural temperature that exists around religion.

You never saw the severed heads of the south park guys either

Listen, on the time wasting point, you're the one asking the same question again and again

I acknowledged elsewhere that there are more sinister/complex forces at play when these

situations flare up and that the content of the material can make a difference.

But, the fact is, without religion, these objections do not exist. Or at least they do not carry any weight. Religion validates them, in the minds of both mental god-botherers and intelligent non-religionists like you. And that is a problem.

Do you do see the important difference? One is saying "we are outraged", the other is saying

"we will kill you".

It's almost as if Christianity isn't a problem, but Islam is.

So f**king what if they say that depicting their head *****phile is forbidden?

Unless we have to submit, of course.

And yes, the OT is full of ****, but Christianity has been neutered. It is harmless and basically secular. Christianity is not living in the middle ages any more, but radical Islam is, quite clearly and increasingly so.

Did you say earlier that we'd have a fully secular society by 2050? Not if we don't stand up for secularism, we won't. And we don't do that by allowing the fanatics to dictate the rules.

I think you misread that, I scoffed at the suggestion we would be a secular society

I thought that was pretty much a given

But you cant argue that without religion the world would be a better place therefore lets get rid of religion, it doesnt work like that.

I do a lot of work supporting refugee charities (but I dont talk about it that much, charidee made) and they are rammed with good religiousers of every shade helping people. Working together too.

I think the idea is that we are actually far better at war, and peace,

than they are.

Killing people is all very well but unless it pay the bills and buys the wife new Louis Vuittons and Mercedes Benzes, it's really just pointless and wrong. Albeit fun for the select few.

If they stopped war tomorrow, we could all just go off and play Call of Duty; but if you live in some third world hellhole, what else are you going to do, how else do you make a name for yourself while having some fun with the boys.

You're actually cutting and pasting these gnomic interjections, arent you?

Right. That's the important thing to keep in mind.