Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely sickening, but uttelry unsurprising, to read the criticism of Charlie Hebdo’s superb

Here's a dash of context.

"The French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has sparked anger and condemnation after publishing an editorial that suggests ordinary Muslims contributed to a climate in which the Brussels bombings took place.

The magazine – which itself was the target of a terrorist attack last year – published the editorial, How Did We End Up Here?, eight days after bombs at Brussels’ airport and metro system killed more than 30 people. It said a fear of being seen as Islamophobic had inhibited the public from questioning or objecting to facets of Islam."

Reading further, I can't see any reference at all to 'every Muslim being to blame'. But of course, the use of hyperbole is a fine way of shutting down debate and inhibiting the public from questioning or objecting to facets of Islam.

It would appear that you are part of the problem.

Of course all religion is part of the problem. All religion has to be defeated.

We're making good headway with the others, but Islam is proving a tougher nut to crack.

I'm not scared of being islamaphobic, I'm also not scared of asking questions

Also, I was asking him to talk me through how it was "implicating every practicing Muslim." so it wasnt me who made that original point.

But everything else you said stands true. Essentially the punctuation.

Yes, those f**king Quakers are a nightmare.

No, I see where fascism leads.

Interesting, isn't it? Muslims tell us that we in the West are all responsible for the actions of

our governments and the likes of Stop The War are only too keen on the idea that we're reaping what we've sown, but when we apply the same rule to muslims and demand they answer for the actions of their co-religionists, they start squealing.

Last I heard of it, the surviving Charlie Hebdo chaps had

done the honest, statesmanlike thing and run off with all the money they'd made. Something to do with discretion and valour and a' that. Or however a Frenchman would put it, "f**k this for a laugh; Bermuda, ho!"

OK, just making sure you're aware of it

I'd hate to think you lacked any sort of self awareness over this sort of thing. At least when you're rounding them up (and you might not be doing the rounding up but you'll be complicit) then you'll have the self awareness to realise that, whilst you had the chance to change and do something different, you ended up perpetuating the same barbarism you profess to despise.

Bermuda? :shudder:

Really?

Have you been off fomenting unrest somewhere, old boy?

i tihnk the magazine is to be honest an unfunny piece of crap

religion or no religions