Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Absolutely sickening, but uttelry unsurprising, to read the criticism of Charlie Hebdo’s superb

That's funny. I would argue that the root cause is islamic imperialism, which predates its western

counterpart by more than a thousand years. However, I realise that's not a popular view on the left, since it involves laying the blame at the door of Islam and its adherents, which is forbidden.

No. I've mocked people for spouting crap like 'No blood for oil' when oil is clearly well worth

spilling blood for in a geopolitical context and I've mocked people who think we invaded Iraq to secure oil, which is demonstrable nonsense.

Excellent, blame something that's been on it's arse for 500 years

Anything to keep the judeo-christian hands clean, eh?

Sure, point to the Ottomans or the shortlived Arab Nationalists if you like but it's hardly a convincing argument.

We should probably leave it here though. As usual, we're the last two standing/bothered.

It's written into the belief system of Islam, though. You can't ignore it and you certainly can't

ignore the fact that it's absolutely fundamental (as it were) to modern radical Islam.

Undoubtedly, but it also seems to be written into ours

We beatify and lionise warriors in an equally distasteful way, distasteful to me anyway.

Not in our religion we don't. And neither do we have it as an article of faith that we should

subjugate the rest of the world 'by the sword' as part of our religious duty.

All successful military societies lionise warriors. It's only loser countries that don't.

So one does it by words, the other deeds

apart from that they both seem to have the same goals