Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely sickening, but uttelry unsurprising, to read the criticism of Charlie Hebdo’s superb

Because they werent there to try and defeat the perpetrators, were they?

And, if they were trying to defeat the perpetrators would they not have been better served by attacking the country a VAST majority of the attackers originated from?

If they were even trying to look like it was a defensive move they wouldnt have invaded Iraq 18 months later either.

So why sell them all those arms for their atrocities?

Why get more into bed with them rather than attempt to divest ourselves from them?

They attacked Afghanistan because it was harbouring much of Al Qaeda.

That seems reasonable to me. I would have liked an invasion of Saudi, too, but like I say - there are some fairly significant problems there - like Mecca, for instance.

Because business is business. We need to sell arms to someone and the Saudis pay in cash.

We have to do business with them anyway (all the oil, remember), so we might as well milk them for everything we can.

But then they got bored, didnt actually go into Tora Bora and diverted attention to Iraq

I dont think they should have invaded saud but, by yours and their logic, they should.

Hang on, so you're saying it's all about the oil?

I'll see you on the next march, brother.

So now you don't think they should've invaded Saudi? So you hate the Saudis and see them as the root

cause of all this (a position with which I agree), but don't actually want to do anything about it? That makes no sense. It seems you just want to wag an admonitory finger at our relationship with Saudi, but don't want us to do the one thing that would change it.

Oh, and they very much did go into Tora Bora, btw. They fought a massive campaign there, in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tora_Bora

Eh? Of course it's about oil. The f**king world runs on oil. Acknowledging the importance of the

stuff and the difficulties it creates in international diplomacy is not exactly an anti-war position.

No, the root cause is western imperialism

I'm aware they fought the massive campaign there but crucially they allowed Bin Laden to escape.

No, but it is one you mocked people for holding for the best part of a decade