Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercy me, we really have lost control ..

Mercy me, we really have lost control ..

or is this just right wing mischief making? (from those notorious right wing mischief makers the BBC)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35888188

If there was a 40% chance that you may not be able to go on your holibobs, would you not

book refundable tickets??!!

It's just the Home Office pitching for an increase in their budget

and powers, I think.

Understandable really; this must be the biggest opportunity they've had in several generations.

Surely it's not news that the Home Office is piss poor at processing and actioning claims

It was pretty **** under Labour and the caseload has grown by 70% since. The great thing is that now they have companies like Serco and Capita helping so, with the increase in efficiency and capacity that the private sector brings we'll be fine.

And, of course, under a Tory government, especially one supposedly

undertaking a programme of painful cuts, hordes of undocumented foreigners is a good way to get conservatives to approve of a little more Big Government.

Anyway, that's what I'd be thinking. After all, it's not about results; it's about *work*.

The story is a cynical fabrication by Whitehall to milk more taxes from us you say? Damn those

venal Home Office mandarins and their wily, machiavellian ways. They've bamboozled me again.

More like, trying to milk more funds from 1 Horse Guards Road, imo.

That's unusually perceptive of you, reg

That's pretty much it. apart from they do also need to appear to be being tough on this sort of stuff so will add in some dog whistle policies to keep the racists happy.

I do have my moments.

Oh, you merely mean to say I said something which gratifies your prejudices

But we're both old enough to know that's all agreement really is