Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so....AWIMB are a bunch of f**ktard ludites

To pretend that alternative energy sources aren't already massively subsidised is wildly

disingenuous, though, isn't it? And the capex you blithely mention for solar ignores the fact that PV technology is hugely expensive in terms of outlay and that the payback simply isn't big enough or fast enough to make it an attractive, large-scale option - certainly in this country. Geothermal tech on any large scale would mean essentially digging up most of the country at enormous financial and environmental expense, while wind farms are hugely unreliable (the gearbox bearings being a massive issue for geared ones and the high cost and shortage of rare earth metals being a problem for those using permanent magnet technology). Equally, their maintenance is incredibly difficult and expensive - especially offshore. And then there is the simply enormous and incredibly costly infrastructural issue of actually getting the energy these sources generate into the f**king grid.

And as for everything 'going electric', well a/ no it isn't and b/ where do you think the electricity is coming from?

And, as an engineering and technology journalist, I know a fair bit about driverless vehicle technology. It is certainly coming, but has no relevance in terms of environmental impact.

Oooh, no. Love the smell of a coal fire. Plus coal throws out much more heat.

Peat is the best, obviously. Then wood, then coal.

Petrol is only really useful for getting warm quickly, then immolating yourself, your family and then your house.

Indeed, though I've had to stop since my neighbours called the polis

not as much as a wood burning stove

I'll never forget the time Sir C set himself on fire with petrol. hehe

He looked briefly like a giant Ready Brek kid and then reeked of burning hair for the rest of the evening.

I know you guys are fond of cooking and have tremendous respect for the armed forces

but this was a step too far

For a man who's forever castigating the government for taking money off the disabled, you don't mind

taking the piss out of them, do you?

I'm an equal opportunities piss taker. You wont catch me discriminating

Surely fires are hot, no?