Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At the start of the season, I think most people would have agreed with the statement “if we don’t

At the start of the season, I think most people would have agreed with the statement “if we don’t

get too many injuries, we have a good chance of winning the league”. I don’t believe people would have felt it necessary to add the qualifier “but, if we DO get lots of injuries, we should still have good enough back-up to see us through any absences, even if those absent are crucial players for several months.”

I don’t think believe people would have felt it necessary to add that qualifier because I don’t believe anyone actually believes it to be true. I think most people understand that, if deprived of crucial players for long periods, it is not necessarily indicative of managerial failings if the back-up players are not quite able to make up for these absences.

So, given that we have singularly failed to avoid getting too many injuries – including being deprived of the entire foundations of our midfield for several months – how can anyone possibly blame Wenger for us not winning it?

Unless of course they directly blame him for the injuries, which would be highly speculative at best.

What the f**k are you going on about now.

Maybe he should've bought Elneny or another midfielder in the summer?

We went into this season with Wilshere and Rosicky long term injured and Arteta a known cripple. That meant we started the season with Cazorla/Coquelin/Ramsey/Flamini. I'd suggest it was his fault not bringing in cover for midfield.

Oh and we also went on a good run of results straight after the pair of them got injured so the idea bad form is all down to them being injured is *******s.

Trying too hard Monty.

Well somethings clearly not going right on the training pitch, is it ?

This isn't just a one off. We have a list of raspberries as long as your arm, year after year..
    We've even resorted to subbing the bloody subs

OK, JW, DW, TR all long term injured players before the season started

which means if we picked up any other injuries we were going to be drastically short of players.... so how is it not AW's fault that he didn't make sure we had adequate cover in case of further injuries?

Yes, but it’s the reintegration of them into the team once their fit and their inevitable “leeetle

beeet lacking sharpness” period of ****ness (certainly in the case of Coquelin and Sanchez) that often hurts the team more than the actual period of absence.

Should we have bought Elneny in the summer? Well, I’m not sure Wenger was as ready as some fans to write Arteta off. And Wilshere and Ramsey were initially due back before January, I think.

We'd win the league if no players ever got injured

and we always scored more goals than the oppo'

I am entirely open to the idea that Wenger is to blame for the injuries should anyone be able to

provide any substantive evidence of this being the case. If true, I’ll want him out as much as anyone.

how come the people who say judge what happens at the end of the season

Start taking about looking back at the beginning of the season?