Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This weekend I was in Basel for the Baselworld watch fair, having been asked to go for a

This weekend I was in Basel for the Baselworld watch fair, having been asked to go for a

work thingie by a guy I barely know. All expenses, so I figured why not?

Anyway, the guy who arranged the trip is a huge Bangladeshi bloke. I knew he’d had trouble finding accommodation at late notice, but what I didn’t expect was to be taken to an Airbnb apartment about 10 miles out of town and be greeted by one bedroom to be shared between three of us – and only one sofa bed.

For two nights I shared a bed with this giant Allan Akhbar who I barely knew. Yesterday morning I woke up and his massive face was about 3 inches from mine and he was snoring so loudly I had to pinch his nostrils to get him to shut up.

It was utterly, utterl horrific

Any cuddling? (Sexual or platonic.)

hehe You do *live*, don't you.

Bad planning.

No person to blame but yourself, especially if you end up with a bad Aids.

The world of journalism isn't as glamorous as it's cracked up to be, is it? hehe

You could have given me a call. My sister works in Basel and lives just over the border in Alsace. Her place is massive and has many free bedrooms.

Lucky not to end up being beheaded with a fruit knife/bummed imo.

hehe for some reason I'm reminded of that scene in Borat

Did he make hand party with Pamela?

I've had plenty of glamour and I don't mind slumming it on occasion

but no 35-year-old man should ever have to share a bed with another man who they barely know.

The owner of the flat was a rather attractive young thing and I was genuinely tempted to ask if I could sleep on the floor in her bedroom, except she'd have obviously thought I was trying it on

You didn't think that maybe sleeping top-to-toe may have been slightly less awkward?

Rather than doing the full Eric and Ernie bit, I mean?

Like so many, he’s a rather paradoxical Allan. Doesn’t drink or eat pork and also revealed that

he had an arranged marriage last week in Bangladesh. And yet he’s also seemingly been banging his way through China Whites’ finest for the last 20 years.