Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The thing that struck me from Staurday was that our tempo from the kick off

The thing that struck me from Staurday was that our tempo from the kick off

was much faster... the fact AW said we needed to be ahead at 1/2 time due to expected tiredness was important...

does beg the question wht we don't start more games like that? reminded me of 2002-2004 where we often seemed to be a couple of goals up quite quickly.

Good question and why this doesn't happen is indeed baffling.

I thought of this the other day, when Monty was banging on about playing tired players.

Basically, I think our goalscoring/goalscorer "issues" mean that we play far too much football for our rewards, meaning we cannot really rest (substitute) our key players as much as they need.

In the first hour of any game, we create an awful lot, but the result all too often still remains in the balance. A decent hour of Mesut and Alexis etc. is therefore somehow "wasted".

Of course, patience is a virtue that Wenger has tried to instil in our play and scoring late goals is great, but when put together with our problems with the dreaded tiredness and some other injury problems ..

I would actually put it the other way around and say tiredness is not an issue, if you've won the game in the first half; it only becomes a factor if you haven't.