Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having another go at the fans, are we Arsene? That's pretty low and ironic, considering

Having another go at the fans, are we Arsene? That's pretty low and ironic, considering

that without all those loathsome fans, who the manager and his sycophantic concubines constantly deride, the players and most certainly Mr. Wenger would be absolute NOBODIES.
    I sometimes get annoyed by some of my band's fans, but I do not, not for one minute, forget, that without them I would be absolutely nowhere on the music scene. It's an old cliche, but it's very very true and to smirk at all that means your smug arrogant arse will be handed to you sooner rather than later and you're really a loser of the highest calibre - in ANY walk of life, regardless of the money you have. Rant over and a good morning to you, AWIMB, may you all rise amidst the still tingling memories of an infamous weekend orgy!

If you think this is 'having a go', you're a proper sensitive soul.

“I think after the Tottenham game where we played a very good game with 10 men against 11 and came back to 2-2, I couldn’t understand why – at the moment when you need everyone behind the team – we had to hit that storm. From the media, OK. From our fans? It is a bit more difficult to take.”

Seems a fair point to me.

As far as I can see it he gave a pretty considered response to the question when put to him

I do think the criticism this season, whilst in places warranted, has stung him more than usually though. I cant see him wanting to put himself through it all again but neither can I see him breaking his contract.

Since when was unconditional support a pre condition of being a fan ?

I'm quite confident that we'll finish in third spot, anything more really would be a bonus at this point.
    Wenger should be more accepting of criticism after twenty seasons in the job. In some respects, the poor sod is at the point of win something or move on, whereas a new manager would be afforded more time to build something new, without the ugly hostility.
    Baring a disaster, he'll be here next season. Chances are with the addition of a couple of astute buys, we'll be top 4 again.
    What's become more clear this year is that given the vacuum vacated by the other top dogs, he failed to capitalise, leading many to conclude that he really needs to be a bit more gracious and move on.
    He won't of course, we all know that, which means the less restrained will become more abusive and so the cycle begins again.

He's entitled to defend himself. Criticism is fine but some of this "criticism" is merely insults.

Well, no one's mentioned unconditional support except you, which is rich in irony itself.

Agree but there will always be that element in every society.

Expecting them to behave otherwise is a bit like blaming builders for drinking tea.

Sure. So that type of criticism can be treated with the contempt it deserves.

While it is true that I am, at times, a tad sensitive, perhaps it's the fact that

this fans thing has come up too many times in close proximity in the last couple of weeks, or maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but no - I feel quite good in fact.

If he isn't entitled to unconditional support, then the fans aren't entitled to uncondititional

support from him either

f**k them, they need him and the club much more than the club needs them (the moaning banner ****ers that is)