Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Roll eyes "I built this club with hard work... and without any help from anybody.”

Roll eyes "I built this club with hard work... and without any help from anybody.”

Not what he meant to say, no doubt. He was probably referring to his lack of an Abramovich-style benefactor, but he's going to be crucified for his latest comments.

It makes him look ignorant of Arsenal's past glories, the many fine players he inherited when he arrived and all the other players and staff who've worked under him - not to mention the board.

Leicester have also done well enough without 'financial doping', so Wenger's still struggling on that point as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/barcelo na-vs-arsenal-arsene-wenger-claims-he-built-arsenal-with-har d-work-and-no-help-from-anyone-a6933356.html

Wenger said recently that leicester proved you could be successful without spending

crazy money

He's also acknowledged the players he inherited many many many many many many many times.

i think this could be the quotation that is the final nail in the coffin

ive just gotta feeling though that our cowardly board have put him up to saying stuff like this "go on arsene tell em how you built the club" etc then stand back hoping he ll walk as they havent the guts to do their own job.

When, of course, a far better, more tangible example would be His own

trophy-laden time with us.

Has He lost a little bit the belief

He's not stupid. Talking about his early success will only shine a light on the

fact that he is not the man(ager) he used to be.

Re: When, of course, a far better, more tangible example would be His own

I would say he has now lost all sight and forgot about his main job - being a decent football manager.

Perhaps I need to see the context of those comments because I really

don't see how mentioning Leicester City does anything different. Surely He didn't mean that we'd built the Emirates for nothing and the whole thing was a waste of time?

Anyway, when the f**k has wenger won anything without spending a lot of money?

He started banging on about money, not us!

Of course, it was just mind games, a McGuffin, a way of winding up His more free-spending rivals while, at the same time, bigging up His own success. But still, He started it.