Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Kroenke now the man to blame? Why would he make our players

This "resources" rubbish. Football has never been just about money

This season is an abject failure, our points per game, our goalscoring record and the constant falling apart at some stage during the season are not due to our resources. It is due to a manager who refuses to spend the money we do have available, and also went down the route of overpaying bang average players which made them unsellable (Denilson, Almunia and NB to name but 3).

He has should go at the end of the season (probably won't) and let us try a different approach

You are drawing a simplistic direct correlation between amounts available and willingness to spend.

There was money to spend last summer yet AW saw fit to only sign one player, a magnificent signing to be fair but a slightly fortuitous one that played into our hands.

I think there is a logical argument for player strengthening right down the middle of the team – defence, midfield, striker. Now I don’t mean bostonbrians, I mean top players to come in and play and at the same time “kill” the career of certain others, to use the phrase we all love to reference.

Mis-management essentially.

I guessed it was the ex-Arsenal boy, naming them after Liam and Bob.

And so it is. Though one of his followers thinks they are named after Septic Footballers

Quote:
    Neil Young ‏@Neil_Young76 24 Oct 2014

@hkane28 are they named after Tom Brady and Russell Wilson??