Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Kroenke now the man to blame? Why would he make our players

Finishing 3rd or 4th will not mitigate for the failure this season has been.

The coupling of the complete collapse of the other media styled big 4, our main rivals for the League title, and our new found belief and winning mentality borne from successive cup wins, triumphs which we were lead to believe showed once and for all the turning of a corner in terms of mentality, the stepping stones to real success.

It was as if the big clubs decided to take a year off for the old man, stood back and said here you go mate, one more before retirement.

However nobody worked the theory as far as the group of players who have demonstrated they are not good enough or that they are not managed in a way which produces the best results from their many combined talents.

My concern is that we don't have the money to buy a squad of the standard

of City and Chelsea. United can and are in the process of doing this. That leaves us with the fourth most resources in the league, unless we choose to develop youngsters that become superstars.

While you have a point in that the competition has been lax this season, I don't think we can say that it's been a failure if we come 3rd. In fact, City/Chelsea/United fans should be angrier than ours because they have underachieved by a greater amount.

I am not against change, I'm merely suggesting that we may find ourselves in a situation where we have to forsake Champions League football for a few years as it has been shown than a change of a manager that has been there for a long time isn't always a simple transition.

Anyway, Wenger will go if he wants. If he wants to stay then he will. Whether you like it or not, that's how it is.

But surely the financial fairplay rules ironed all that out for us

Oh...

We probably do have the money.

What we don’t have is possibly the manager who will manage the overall project of net spend, or possibly a board who will not sanction that level of spend.

I add the latter for balance as I appreciate a lot of people see Kroenke / Gazidis as being the root of whatever our issues are .

For the record I do expect him to be in charge in August and with one season left on his current deal I can understand why he would be.

Potentially we'll see more willingness to spend given the new TV deals that come into force. However

spending isn't always the answer as I'm sure you can understand.

My argument is that at the moment we have a manager who, at the end of the season, delivers results that meet or slightly exceed our expectations (our par position is 4th, given the resources available). Remove him and how likely are we to find a manager that exceeds them consistently?

The new TV deal will replace the money we will lose for dropping out of the CL.

Unless there is a bizzare U-turn of form, of course, and we manage to sneak 4th or 3rd.

We will finish 3rd or 4th. Or if we beat Everton we can dream again.

The same thing happening again and again is not my expectation.

Well then perhaps you should consider managing your expectations? The available evidence suggests

that if we finish 3rd or higher we have achieved more than we arguably should have, given the resources our rivals can swamp us with.

It's nothing to do with money, in any case. The two best strikers in the

division this season each cost less than my daughter's mobile telephone bill.

Incidentally, one of these players has two dogs, Brady and Wilson. Can you guess which one