Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSRB - any chance of sorting me an interview with PJ for the Cup Semi

hehe When I worked for the Yorkshire region govt people used call us up asking about Northants

They seemed to think, as it had north in it, that it was our patch

Northamptonshire is genuine East Midlands, whereas Nottinghamshire is actually a bit of the North

that sneaked South below the River Trent.

You'll know about this sort of stuff

I followed the route of the Trent on a map recently. It seems to be an utterly illogical c**t of a river, it just meanders about all over the place and nearly doubles back on itself at times.

looking at pub..im now thinking it was more like this ?

And that was wrong, was it?

I don't really understand the north. To the layman, it would seem obvious that the country becomes more strange and barbarous the further up you go, but Birmingham is decidedly more third world than York, for example.

Also Chester seems remarkably civilised, yet lies only moments from Welshwales. Is that because it is of the west, rather than the north?

This is all most bewildering.

indeed..so northern that locals watch Scotland play rugby just to get the heeby jeeby out the pub

lucky they didnt throw him down the well tbh

No, this was a cheery affair. Well, as cheery as one can be when sharing a cottage with 10 adults

and 8 children under 4 for the weekend.

Things momentarily picked up when we learned there was a fully-equipped games room in the garden, only to discover a broken baby-foot table, a darts board but no darts and an autobiography of Murray Walker

Listen mate, I've been to Chatham, I think that lays any latitudinal civility theories to rest

County towns are always county towns though, hence Chester, York and even Lancaster having relative airs of civility.

Baggsy second go on Murraysport: My Life Trackside

Ah put that on t'****in plate for thee.

I may have mentioned the ex Barnsley miner at t'pit visit who, when asked of his views on Notts miners explained that he was not at liberty to divulge that information, as he had no idea who I was, and that I could be even a copper or something.