Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the first time since I got them I'm seriously contemplating giving up my season tickets.

hehe They aren't great losers - even seen one try and claim it as a moral victory

because George North might not have been in touch near the end. Strangely failed to mention the lack of card for the bloke trying to claw Dan Cole's face off

Ownership of football clubs is a rum affair.

Very easy to blame and to point fingers at yet none of us really know the involvement of said people. We have no evidence of meddling, no evidence of withholding funds, no evidence of putting obstacles in the way of those who do run the day to day football.

Management of the football club is a different matter and in this case we do know where the buck stops, if a can use an American phrase to tie in with the Kroenke reference.

We may yet turn things around though I am less sure than normal.

We have a gentleman who comes to Arsenal games, he flies his helicopter from South Africa, Cape Town

to London quite often.

What sort of f**king helicopter does this bloke have?!

Read what the guy says. Those are his own words. We're finished as a big club whilst this cynical

exploiter runs the show.

*******s really - just being twisted to suit an argument

I did.

However I don’t confuse ownership as a business man with support as a supporter.

His business is doing very well. There probably is an argument that further player investment is or was needed however we need to understand the fundamental reason why this did not happen.

a) Did Kroenke / The Board deny funds to Wenger when he wanted to sign players A, B and C.
    b) Did Wenger decide that purchasing players A, B and C was not necessary and never made moves instead placing his faith and trust in players Giroud, Walcott and …… etc.

We were 7 points clear in January, the collapse since then is not linked to Stanley Kroenke.

Nobody was complaining about him then.

what the beloved owner seemingly fails to recognise in both

instances he mentions (Utd and MJordan) is that both brands were hyper-extended on the back and a foundation of on pitch/court success. nothing less will do, sponsors, investors and new fans follow winners. Period.

Beg to differ on one point: I have been complaining about Kronke almost since he took us over.

These people raised on "sports franchises" don't seem to realise he system doesn't exist here. They

don't seem to be aware of Wolves, Forest, Wednesday, Huddersfield or the Old bleeding Carthusians.

Fair enough if so.

You are of course 100$ entitled to do so.

I tend not to look too much beyond the management and playing side of a football club in the absence of very obvious meddling by owners/board.

I have absolutely no evidence of said meddling.