Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the first time since I got them I'm seriously contemplating giving up my season tickets.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For the first time since I got them I'm seriously contemplating giving up my season tickets.

Why?

Assuming you can afford them with no massive hardship.

Surely the whole point of football support and subsequent attendance is just that, support. You can’t turn this off simply because a run of results is poor.

And anyway - could be worse. Could be a Welsh rugby fan

There was one of those at the party I was at on saturday.

She said it would take her a week to get over it. By contrast when I left the ground yesterday I just felt a bit numb, as if there was no pain left, and losing felt completely normal.

Yeah - numb is good

considering the shellacking we are going to get on Wednesday.

I must say I like the word "shellacking"

How I laughed.

I even answered the phone when it rang on Saturday evening as I knew it would be her Ma or Da. You have to enjoy these moments.

hehe They aren't great losers - even seen one try and claim it as a moral victory

because George North might not have been in touch near the end. Strangely failed to mention the lack of card for the bloke trying to claw Dan Cole's face off

It's not the results. I'd support Arsenal if they played in the Conference. It's the cynicism which

Kronke's ownership has bestowed on us. I have no hardship in keeping the tickets and not using them if it comes to that. But I'm not sure I want to be another contributor to the wealth fund of a guy who gives not a **** about Arsenal.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didn t-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

That's fair enough. I too am glad to not be contributing to a club that pays below minimum wage to

its matchday employees, while some greedy pigs feast on millions upstairs. i do greatly miss away games though, they were always the best. Of course I would support the team in any league, as you say, I first started going when we were rather **** anyway, though being 10th in the old 1st Division certainly isn't a disaster. (Actually my first full season was 81/82 when we were in the top 5 I think, so I didn't start being a fan amidst misery and ravage).

Ownership of football clubs is a rum affair.

Very easy to blame and to point fingers at yet none of us really know the involvement of said people. We have no evidence of meddling, no evidence of withholding funds, no evidence of putting obstacles in the way of those who do run the day to day football.

Management of the football club is a different matter and in this case we do know where the buck stops, if a can use an American phrase to tie in with the Kroenke reference.

We may yet turn things around though I am less sure than normal.