Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the first time since I got them I'm seriously contemplating giving up my season tickets.

For the first time since I got them I'm seriously contemplating giving up my season tickets.

Why?

Assuming you can afford them with no massive hardship.

Surely the whole point of football support and subsequent attendance is just that, support. You can’t turn this off simply because a run of results is poor.

And anyway - could be worse. Could be a Welsh rugby fan

at the worst, rent them out.

but where else can you sit quietly and gently seethe on a Saturday afternoon?

It's not the results. I'd support Arsenal if they played in the Conference. It's the cynicism which

Kronke's ownership has bestowed on us. I have no hardship in keeping the tickets and not using them if it comes to that. But I'm not sure I want to be another contributor to the wealth fund of a guy who gives not a **** about Arsenal.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didn t-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

Edit: I see your explanation. Different matter altogether then....

There was one of those at the party I was at on saturday.

She said it would take her a week to get over it. By contrast when I left the ground yesterday I just felt a bit numb, as if there was no pain left, and losing felt completely normal.

How I laughed.

I even answered the phone when it rang on Saturday evening as I knew it would be her Ma or Da. You have to enjoy these moments.

Yeah - numb is good

considering the shellacking we are going to get on Wednesday.

I must say I like the word "shellacking"

That's fair enough. I too am glad to not be contributing to a club that pays below minimum wage to

its matchday employees, while some greedy pigs feast on millions upstairs. i do greatly miss away games though, they were always the best. Of course I would support the team in any league, as you say, I first started going when we were rather **** anyway, though being 10th in the old 1st Division certainly isn't a disaster. (Actually my first full season was 81/82 when we were in the top 5 I think, so I didn't start being a fan amidst misery and ravage).