Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I’ve decided. If we manage to beat Everton, I’m gonna keep wanting Leicester to drop points.

And if that was allowed to happen it would be a damning indictment of Wenger.

And his management of the group of players.

We’re still in it and for that reason alone, allied with them being fantastically well rewarded professional footballers, they should be approaching every game with nothing but a hell bent desire to try and win.

That's only surprising if you think of good football only in terms of finance though.

Or "resources", as you put it.

You know it. btw prefer Michael Caine's version tbh hehe

No, it wouldn’t. It’s human nature and you would see it from every single club that has ever played

football at any level.

I don’t mean they would give up trying to win games. But with it so far out of our hands, it's inevitable that a certain sense of resignation will creep into the players’ heads and thy won't approach games with quite the same level of intensity and focus as they would if it still felt within our grasp.

It is not human nature for a professional footballer when you still have a chance.

Which they do, we do. Slim perhaps but still exists.

It is Wenger’s job to try and galvanise that within the squad and to motivate them each and every time they play a game.

Do you think his final words as they go out on the Camp Nou will be “LOL, good luck chaps”.

I didnt want to post that on here, thank you for making me not be that guy

Also....

Wenger: "I prefer that the fans are happy but I’m more worried that it can get to the players’ confidence level,"

Yes, and I’m sure the players will be highly motivated. Just not quite as motivated as they would be

if it was within their grasp.

And that *is* human nature. If you genuinely can’t see that, you are a child (and not in a sexy way)

Well, He would say that, Wouldn't He Shrug