Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I get properly annoyed by Walcott. I sit there wondering how such a

I get properly annoyed by Walcott. I sit there wondering how such a

Limited footballer playing for a self sufficient club managed to get themselves 120k a week. I read that he touched the ball 17 times yesterday and gave it away on 10 occasions. Rubbish.

I swear a good 50k of that is for media training

I did like Arseblog saying that the only thing he added to his game in a decade was a beard

Big squad rebuild coming over the summer.

He'll still be here alongside the Ox and Ramsey in September.
    Arsene's getting more sentimental with age.

Arsene has the fact that there is the European Internationals in Summer and therefore nobody is

available or clubs dealing.

But watch other teams make their transfers early.

Past behaviour predicts future behaviour and all that.

Stupid board not playing ball

I'm not convinced there's a board in the country that would afford him another squad rebuild.

Time isn't on his side.
    He has to deliver with what he has at his disposal.

Wandering about out there like a stray dog. A bit like Glen Helder, but without the stepovers

WD Theo

True enough, but a couple of years ago, a lot of the people who are attacking him now were saying

that if we let him go to Liverpool (or wherever) it was a signal that we 'lacked ambition' and that would mean Wenger should go.

So, while I accept your point about his performances, I would simply point out that his critics have not all been exactly consistent on this subject.

Some of us have. Though, befitting Walcott, most criticism is muted and easily forgotten.

Walcott is not a natural footballer

he's a good athlete, but doesn't have a football brain

in another year or two as his pace starts ebbing away he will be a serious liability if he's still on the books

the other problem is that he is English, and most of our English players just aren't good enough, and we can't get rid of them all