Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oddly pleased with that spurs result, means they are very much in it and will probably put a strong

Oddly pleased with that spurs result, means they are very much in it and will probably put a strong

side out for the 2nd leg

Well, had they lost 2-0 they'd have given it up and played yoof

but now they have a very good chance of going through, so I would think they'll play their best side

Essentially more chance of injuries to their starting XI

Then there is the intangible boost a team receives from winning games.

Confidence, momentum etc.

Couple this with intelligent management in respect of resting individuals at key times and bob is your uncle. They rested or rotated both full backs at the weekend for City for example, Vertonghen has been replaced by someone or other yet they carry on.

Personally I don’t automatically equate playing with risking injury. Our boys have shown this is as likely to happen on a mild Tuesday afternoon in Shenley.

Nod we've only won the league under AW while having a good cup run

didn't do man u any harm in '99

You might find that Spurs have suffered somewhat with their league form during their thursday-sunday

cycle.

Think of the times we have overhauled a large points gap from this time onwards in a season. Possibly even earlier this season too, they might have had poorer results during their Europa campaign. There is probably someone on here who is knows the details of this sort of thing.

Also, Pochetino's teams are supposed to tire later in the season. I think Dr Neg said so.

This is true. I think a few UEFA sides have, not just Spurs.