Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 104000

131300 now.

First figure is what Ox wants per week for a new contract.

I'd be OK with that, providing that at least 30 percent of it is in performance related bonus.

Elite footballers' salaries lost touch with reality some time ago but while "we" subscribe to

Sky and BT it is unlikely to change. EU competition rules don't help either. The desired outcome of cheaper content would probably come about in this instance by having one dominant broadcaster.

I remember when the second broadcaster became mandatory, for reasons of 'competition'

to benefit the viewer, it seemed absurd because it's only competition if you have a choice of watching the same match on different channels. The only competition is in a sealed bid from the broadcasters to the PL/UEFA which is to the direct detriment of the viewer.

And yet the f**kwits that devised this scenario, whoever they are, are presumably not being held to account for it, and nothing is done to correct the situation.

Mid 20s, homegrown, established international.

I can see where he is coming from.

I find it bizarre that you have no free to air CL football at all.

I wonder if you are the only in Europe.

They still have a system like the old ITV/Sky deal here

Tuesday is Sky/Wednesday free to air (ZDF if you are interested) - not sure that is set in stone which night as they generally have first call on knockout games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_ broadcasters#cite_note-30

We have live matches each night.

PSG/Chelsea and Roma/Real. Us next week and then presumably City.