Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rooney out for 6 weeks Smile I know he's not in great nick

As I said, he's a very good player, just not this World Class superstar

that he's portrayed as. As a kid he looked liked he'd be a far better player than he is. Ever since Ferguson left (and possibly a bit before) he has been horribly inconsistent.

Plenty of Man U fans would have no objection if he were to leave

Looking at a possible 23 that Hodgo(?) could select, you'd have to say they have a point.

Back for the Euros all the same.

f**ked thereafter.

Thing is you probably don’t have a single world class player at your disposal.

Some very good ones, of which Rooney is probably the best, even now as his powers appear to have waned.

If not the ‘best’ as individuals club allegiance will of course push others to the fore, he is certainly the one that others look to, your leader as such.

I recall looking at a recent squad and thinking what a mediocre and generally beige assortment of professional footballers.

Right. By the way, how *is* Ian Harvey these days?

I think he's past his best now - just a shame he was always f**ked for the big tournaments

otherwise he could have made a bigger impact. Also slightly unlucky that his peak was probably during the years that Ronaldo was at United

He's been married for the best part of 8 months now, red

RIP IH

Oh, congratulation then and a' that. To him, I mean. Not you.

Unless I misread that.

NTTAWWI.

Actually, your OP probably explains best just how the media/most opposition feel about him too.