Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We appear to have made almost 200k on our ****ty little flat on the A1

We appear to have made almost 200k on our ****ty little flat on the A1

in less than a year and a half

What say Awimb? Sell now in case the bubble bursts?

It's all wooden dollars though, isn't it? If you sell, you have to buy somewhere else to live.

This new house will also recently have gone up in value by a similar amount.

Your house isn't an investment. It is your home.

Well, there's areas we would consider living where we could buy a family home

and where prices are not rising at the same rate as in London, so there's an argument for selling now.

I'm just considering a 3 bedroomed, 3 bathroom detached house with garden and pool, for 110k.

It's in Hua Hin, mind, which is a bit of a commute. But if I sold up, f**ked off to the Land Of Smiles, and lived like a king happily ever after on 5k per month, is there anything about UK I might miss?

No Smile

The Arsenal are on the telly everywhere, sir c

The view from Waterloo bridge. The view from the top of Great Gable.

Sausage Egg and Chips.

I'm worried I might start pining for drizzly grey days, a solid M25, Nicola Sturgeon on the telly,

Coronation St and HMRC raping my wallet.

I wonder whether I should get up at 5 am next Thursday to watch us getting gubbed by Barcelona live, or just check the result when I awake.

Frown I know, it's a scary thought.

No more work, though. No more tax demands.

I'm supposed to be on flight back here from Malaga on Tuesday

landing about an hour before kick-off. Might miss the first 10 minutes or so. So won't see us level at any point

According to the book I'm reading, in the 1930s houses in West London were being advertised to

working-class buyers at ~575GBP, at a time when a typical wage was about 4 pahnd a week. The deposit was a tenner, and the overall price was 2 years and 8 months wages.

The same house now probably costs about 20-25 times the average annual wage for the equivalent buyer.