Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what did we all think of War And Peace, then?

Heightist

Blimey, you'd need to prepare your cock like a conker for her

I reckon you'll need at least a sixer to not catch owt

Nonsense, I have a lot of time for the munchkins, hottentots and pygmies

Some of my best friends are dwarves

I doubt ega knows what a conker is, j. American, remember?

Nono

The North American Conker Championship was inaugurated on 20 October 2012 at the Historic Gardens in the town of Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada, hosted by the Annapolis Royal Conker Club.

The first North American Conker Champion was Jeff Hafting, of Annapolis Royal, NS.

The 2013 North American Championship was similarly held on the third Saturday, 19 October, and the eventual winner of an all-female Final was Krystyna Schulz of Halifax, NS.

Victor of the 2014 North American Championship was Julian Smith of Yarmouth, NS.

In 2015 the Championship took place on 17th October, once more hosted at the Historic Gardens in Annapolis Royal. The coveted Crofton Chalice was almost regained by Jeff Hafting, the Inaugural 2012 Champion, but he lost in the Final to Simon Bonnington of Granville Ferry, NS. This saw the return of the trophy to its home in Annapolis Royal.

Prior to this recent re-emergence, it had been played during the late 1940s and early 1950s in New York in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn, and in the 1950s and early 1960s in the Amalgamated section of the Bronx and nearby Mt.Vernon. A winning chestnut was referred to as a "killer" and the value of a chestnut was defined by its number of "kills." It was also played in Queens, the upper West Side of Manhattan, in the Mohawk Valley area of upstate New York and in Westmount, Quebec and other English-speaking parts of Montreal into the 1970s. It was played in the Catholic areas of North Cambridge, MA in the late 1950s,and a winning chestnut was also labeled a "killer". It was being played in the 1960s in Rhode Islandand into the early 1980s in Smithfield.

Nonsense, that's where Frank Sinatra is from

I figured it out tho. Context clues. Nod