Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pity the club weren't a touch more mercenary in their mid to long term planning.

Pity the club weren't a touch more mercenary in their mid to long term planning.

I actually think there was a fair chance that Guardiola could have opted for London over Manchester.

Yes, we should have employed his two best mates for the last two years Roll eyes

Also, I'm not entirely sure Pep's methods will necessarily be instantly transferable to the more blood and thunder style of the premier league. I mean, Klopp telling everyone to run a lot is one thing but Pep telling everyone to pass, pass, pass and pass some more (not to mention take this pill and keep your mouth shut) might not work straight out of the blocks.

Anyway, Remi is on his way. He said Villa "Need a leetle beet....quality" earlier.

I think Guardiola would have preferred Arsenal but it's not right to start negotiations when you

have a manager in place, in our case the best manager in our history.

Clearly didn't stop City.

In any case, it's a more general point about longer term planning. I don't think you'd find too many examples of clubs not checking out a potential successor while the incumbent was still in place
    It's not usually wise to begin a recruitment search after you've fired your manager.

City's attitude shows exactly why they have failed to dominate English football

Too many rich clubs in the mix now for one to dominate

I can't see another Fergie reign for the foreseeable.
    Once their new stadium is built there's a very real prospect that Spurs won't provide the annual cabaret we've come to take for granted.

Fortunately they'll have to pay for it first, Josif Josif drives a hard bargain

Anyway, Pocettino will f**k them off soon.

There has to be a prospect of Spurs doing that this year.

Ironically, Wenger would have made it happen if he were in Gazidis' boots...

a la Petit, Vieira, Henry et. al.

He'll bring in at least 3-4 of his own pill takers. It will also be easy to convince the less

scrupulous squard members like Nasri to pop a pill.

Then, the 2nd season, there will be no stopping them.