Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What an exciting deadline day for Gooners! We've lost Debuchy. Most of the hard work has been in

Vieira who he knew was brilliant and Petit and Henry who he had a Monaco

Hardly a deadline day swoop for Rod Fanni

There are many singular advantages one can have in football.

Maybe Wenger's was scouting, knowledge of unknown promising players or whatever. Anyway, it certainly wasn't cold, hard, dirty cash.

And as we know, money winds people up more than anything else on earth. Especially other peoples'. And even more especially when they use it to their own good and wave it in your face and say "f**k you!"

Hardly anyone knew Paddy would be brilliant. Isn't that why he was largely on Milan's bench.

Yes, languishing on the bench at one of the biggest clubs in Europe

Having moved there at 18.

Nobody had a clue

I take your point. If we lose The Hex we'll suffer but Debuchy has forced himself out of the club.

He cares nothing for Arsenal. Would prefer three games in france 2016 than to win the league with us, and has forced his way out of the club. Maybe we might have got another body in on loan to replace him, but it looks like Chambaldo will have to do as cover.

We would probably have had Jenks back but I think he heard and Arsenaled his knee

I don't know if you're being sarky but surely you understand that the

streets are littered with talented eighteen year-olds who will never fulfil their potential.

The bench at Milan, in the mid 1990s, less so

It's the same with musicians, sadly.

Still a gamble though. The point is, it was a cheap one.

Made no difference to us either way, in terms of value; I suppose Milan weren't too bothered at the time either.

Hardly "buying" titles.