Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oi, fash. One assumes that you know how to make basic chips properly, of course, but

As you know, I have a great deal of experience of both Dutch and Irish culture.

The Dutch know more about chips, sw. Believe me in this matter. I'm not sure I'd trust a Dutchman over a Paddy to boil a rake of floury spuds, but when it comes to chips, you would do well to follow the advice of the Dutchman.

The omelette seems a step too far for me. Not sure I need a wodge of egg between oysters and steak.

Besides, isn't it Simon Hopkinson?

You are not wrong, a. It must, of course, be a traditional gravy, properly thickened with a roux.

Your fancy 'jus' will simply slide from the chip.

My wife insists that my delightful, properly-made gravy using the juices of the roast and so forth

is all wrong in this context.

She prefers Bisto on chips.

:sniff: I shall keep my discoveries to myself, in future.

I cordially invite you to poke your unwanted omelette up your hole.

I don't really care what the man is called; he is merely the cook, after all.

I thought you were going to say a fried egg.

And beans of course.

Eh? Are you not thickening your gravy?

Whence the f**k is she gfetting Bisto, for all love? Does she go and knock on next door?

It may be that egg is losing some lustre for me because I'm currently consuming

at least two eggs a day in one form or another. Just today I lunched on a couple of muffin-shaped pepper, onion and chorizo frittata thingies.

Anyway, is that you cooking on Valentine's then? Not going out?

Of course I am. I swear not by the roux, but by the flour in the roasting pan and the slow simmer.

Oh, she has a stash somewhere. I won't allow it, but she hides it.

I never ever ever go out on Valentine's Day. Unless things have changed since I was in my 20s

restaurants are booked out months in advance, serve a 'romantic' set menu and are rammed with tables of two wondering how the hell they are going to get through 90 minutes of talking to each other without kids or the TV to distract them.