Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oi, fash. One assumes that you know how to make basic chips properly, of course, but

Oi, fash. One assumes that you know how to make basic chips properly, of course, but

just to check - peel spuds, chop, wash well under running water, dry well, fry at 130 degrees for 7 minutes, remove, allow to cool, reheat fat to 190, fry for 5 minutes or so to brown, k?

After this, you might consider grating some (quite a lot) parmesan on top and grilling them to melt the cheese, before anointing with some good quality truffle oil.

You won't need ketchup.

Please allow me to make some corrections my Dutch-ish friend.

peel spuds, chop, fry at 150 degrees for 6 minutes, remove, allow to cool, reheat fat to 180, fry for 5 minutes or so to brown, k?

That would be much better.
    No need to thank me.

'Neg.

You know nothing from chips. Nothing, I tell you!

Of course, instead of the truffle oil he could add mayoinnaise, ketchup, chopped onions and satay sauce

There you've done it again Frown

Of course, instead of the truffle oil he could add
    mayonnaise
    ketchup
    chopped onions

...and satay sauce

You haven't developed a nut allergy, have you?

When you worked on Antwerp docks your cheeks were constantly filled with nuts.

You realise that the admission of putting truffle oil on your chips will do little to dispel the

image of you as an elitist, sybaritic food snob who pauses only occasionally from grinding the faces of the poor to have the odd peeled grape dropped in his mouth by bare-breasted serving wenches, don't you?

I must say.

The additional satay sauce does sound somewhat excessive, and I am Irish.

Even ordinary people can afford minor luxuries like truffle oil these days, b.

That's why everyone is so grateful to Gideon.

I watched a good Simon Hodgkinson show last night; a dinner for two which sounds like a Valentine's Day winner:

Oysters Rockefeller

Black truffle omelette

Fillet steak, Bearnaise, chips

Pancakes with creme pat in rum sauce

Indeed. Peanuts and chips don't belong together.

The rather odd Dutch obsession with satay is one of the less fortunate outcomes of their colonial past in the East Indies.

They also have Surinamese restaurants. I have no idea where Surinam even is.

One of the best thing to put on chips, depending on circumstances, is, of course

gravy.