Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The contestants on Blankety Blank were always desperately dull, weren't they?

I've no idea. Wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid.

Too many common people on it, you see.

Simpler times, b.

Better times, in some ways.

Consider the date of the final episode of series 1 of Blankety Blank: 8th May 1979.

Five days previously, Mrs Thatcher had won the first of her great election victories, and four days subsequently, Alan Sunderland would win us the FA cup with his last-gasp winner.

Good times, really.

What else were your parents too snobby to let you watch?

I had a kid in my class whose parents never allowed him to watch ITV, which at the time was jam packed with seminal teatime gems like A-Team and Knight Rider. I swear to god the poor kid used to try and make us play Dr Who every play time, or at least put Dr Who into the world of A Team.

I consider you to be a man of decent taste and character, I'll let this aberation pass

I'm sure there were plenty of shows on TV that were vastly more common.

My mother was a fan of both Coronation Street AND Crossroads Our TV was inhabited almost entirely by common people.

Just about everything, really. Certainly everything on ITV except The Big Match.

I was allowed to watch Blue Peter. Dr Who. Dads Army. The Sunday evening drama (Poldark / Onedin Line etc) Not sure what else. When we visited the proletarian grandparents I got to see stuff like The Generation Game, which I thought was pretty dreadful.

wd The Parents tbf.

So you basically missed out on the cool-vehicle-superhero genre

Did you creep downstairs of a tea time to sneak a furtive look at Airwolf?

I have no knowledge of any of these things of which you speak.

My super-heroes were Liam Brady and Malcolm MacDonald.

Glenn A Larson does not like this post Shake head